Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships (FLAS) are funded with grants from the U.S. Department of Education. They are awarded in a competitive process to graduate students to pursue a foreign language and area studies for professional purposes. The FLAS funding award is contingent upon federal allocations.
CSEEES aims to significantly increase the number of traditionally underrepresented students who have access to and benefit from global opportunities. As such, we actively encourage applications from these populations.
- FLAS Application Form, 2014-2015
- FLAS Language Evaluation Form, 2014-2015
- FLAS Recommendation Form, 2014-2015
FLAS Information Session dates are:
- November 6, 1:00pm-2:00pm; School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Carroll Hall, Hall of Fames
- November 12 (Tues), 11:00am-12:00pm; GEC DeBerry Boardroom (3009)
- November 13 (Wed), 3:00-4:00pm; GEC DeBerry Boardroom (3009)
- November 19 (Tues), 12:00-1:00pm; School of Law, Rm. 4082
- December 5 (Thurs), 11:00am-12:00pm, GEC DeBerry Boardroom (3009)
Other FLAS opportunities: